Collecting coins is suddenly a very essential part of playing 8BitBoy. 100 coins used to equal an extra life, but now it activates the power-up roulette. Any power-up you get, you can keep in a slot for when you need it. This makes everything so much easier, and a lot more fun. Having a power-up ready makes you a lot stronger.
- Power-up save slot
- Power-up roulette (collect 100 coins to activate)
- Additional secret areas on 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-8, 2-4
- Fullscreen setting is saved (no choosing at startup)
- Player accelerates faster and breaks faster
- Hidden areas "closes" when dying
- Configure an alternative jump key
- Green grapes has a new sprite
Use Y on the controller or shift on the keyboard to use any stored power-up. You can customize your key bindings in the main settings menu.